Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Contract
Job Area: Finance
Applications Close: 03.10.2018
Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Excellent career development opportunities.
- Integrated and strong team-work culture.
We are looking for a focused Financial Accountant that is keen to be involved in wide scope of
responsibilities working alongside a strong and high performing Finance team.
Reporting to a Senior Financial Accountant based in Sydney, you will be provided the exciting opportunity to have a hands on role whilst also expected to manage and frequently communicate with stakeholders in the wider company
Your Key Responsibilities
- Accurate and timely completion of month end financial reporting processes, including but not limited to journals, reconciliations and reporting schedules.
- Prepare and review of local statutory returns including FBT, payroll tax, stamp duty, fire service levies, insurance protection tax and business activity statement.
- Responsible for US GAAP and US Statutory financial reporting requirements.
- Assisting Senior Financial Accountants in meeting all APRA reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining records of documents processed for ready access and producing various reports when required.
- Assisting with month end accounting procedures and with the production of monthly or quarterly reports as required.
- Continuous review of processes to identify improvements and driving efficiencies.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements on a timely basis.
- Keeping up to date procedural notes for all assigned tasks and taking overall ownership for team information and knowledge management via the team portal site.
Your Qualifications & Soft-skills
- Professional Accounting qualifications (CA/CPA) is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of similar position in the commercial Insurance industry is desirable.
- Experience in USGAAP reporting will be an added advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required and major accounting systems such as SAP preferred.
- Demonstrated commercial and customer focus abilities is essential.
- Able to prioritise in accordance with the business’ needs and has good time management abilities.
- Must have the ability to build solid relationships, focused on outcomes and results oriented.
- Able to influence others and able to work autonomously
- High attention to detail, with problem solving ability and analytical mindset
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Has advanced continuous improvement, process management and negotiation skills.
Your Next Steps!
We are proud of the culture at LIU and if you are successful, this is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy working for a global organization, with a group of talented and motivated individuals who make LIU a great place to work and are committed to the growth of our organization.
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
APPLY NOW or REFER someone now, by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your updated RESUME and we will take it from there.