Senior Claims Specialist – Casualty/Liability
Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Contract
Job Area: Claims
Applications Close: 01.09.2017
- Global company
- Competitive salary package
- Teamwork culture
- Based in Sydney
- Challenging portfolio
- 14 month contract to cover Paternity Leave
- Flexible working arrangements for the right candidate
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Casualty/Liability team as a Senior Claims Specialist reporting to the Australian Casualty Claims Manager, Casualty Asia Pacific.
This is a senior claims position which will suit an experienced claims specialist used to working in collegiate environment capable of developing strategy and positive claims outcomes.
This is a 14 month contract, to cover paternity leave to commence in September in Sydney.
About the role – you will be responsible for:
- Managing and adjusting a portfolio of casualty/liability claims across Australia;
- Managing complex claims including class actions and multi defendant claims;
- Interpreting and managing complex indemnity positions;
- Participating directly in mediation and arbitration settlements where necessary;
- Arranging expeditious and economical claim settlements;
- Managing performance of external service providers;
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensuring all compliance obligations are met.
About you - you will have:
- Significant experience in managing casualty/liability claims;
- Extensive experience in successfully investigating and managing highly complex claims;
- A high level of communication and influencing skills;
- Tertiary qualifications in Insurance, Legal, Business or Engineering disciplines;
- Exceptional ability at developing effective relationships;
- A willingness to work alongside and help other staff;
- A very sound work ethic.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s dynamic team during this paternity leave period, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE