Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Professional & Financial Risks
Applications Close: 31.08.2018
Liberty International Underwriters offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow
- Global company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career development opportunities
- Team-work culture
- Under minimal supervision, pro-actively manage a book of professional and financial risk claims, throughout the entire claim life cycle.
- Conducts investigations, recommending adequate reserves, monitor, documenting, and settling/closing claims in an expeditious and economical manner within prescribed authority limits for the line of business.
- Interpreting policy coverage and determining the extent of coverage that applies to claims submitted.
- Working closely with underwriting team to increase policy renewals and attract new business.
- Establishing and setting reserves for indemnity and expense claims, reviewing reserves on a regular basis to ensure adequacy.
- Authorizing payments in accordance with internal processes and within scope of authority, settling claims as expeditiously and economically as possible.
- Ensuring that internal and external stakeholders and LIU clients consistently receive a high level of claims service that differentiates LIU from its competitors.
- Providing instructions to external service providers with respect to coverage, investigation and ultimate settlement of claims.
- Recognizing all avenues of recovery including, but not limited to timely subrogation activities.
- Participating directly in mediation/ arbitration meetings and actively participating in settlement discussions.
- Providing information to management on the existence or development of critical losses and advising relevant trends within the portfolio.
- In conjunction with the underwriting and product teams, reviewing policy terms and conditions including assisting with the production of manuscript policy wordings and endorsements.
- Participating in claims audits when required.
- Identifying suspicious or potentially fraudulent claims, arranging investigation and briefing senior managers if further action is recommended.
- Have at least 5 years’ relevant working experience and tertiary qualifications in a related discipline. HSC (or equivalent) essential.
- Significant previous professional and financial risks claims management experience in the Insurance industry or as a legal practitioner in private practice essential.
- Sound knowledge of the Insurance Contracts Act and demonstrated ability to understand and apply legal principles to the management of claims.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
- High level of attention to details and has efficient time management abilities.
- Highly proficient relationship building skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound business acumen and influencing abilities.
- Analytical, meticulous and works well in a busy and collaborative team environment.
- Highly developed decision making, negotiations and strong presentation skills.
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
APPLY or REFER someone now, by sending us an email to email@example.com.
Please include your updated resume and we will take it from there.