Apply Now Location: Melbourne
Applications Close: 06.08.2018
Liberty International Underwriters offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company
- Teamwork culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career development opportunities.
About the role.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Risk Engineer based in Melbourne reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Risk Engineer to join our Energy, Property and Construction team.
The Senior Risk Engineer provides technical support to the Underwriting and Claims teams for assigned lines of business(s). This role involves the understanding, analysis, evaluation and communication of technical risk exposure, regardless of complexity, through both desk reviews and on-site risk engineering surveys to provide risk assessments to enable Underwriters to make accurate and profitable underwriting decisions.
- Plans, organizes and performs desk based risk appraisals for assigned lines of business(s) to provide risk analysis information to Underwriters.
- Responsible for the risk appraisal process to include preparation of a plant/process/product description, assessment of plant/process/product design, hazards and adequacy of mitigation measures.
- Involved in the assessment of management systems/procedures and plant protection facilities, and loss estimate calculations.
- Conducts on-site risk engineering surveys for existing and prospective clients, as required by Underwriters.
- Produces a brief summary report for internal use or a detailed marketing risk engineering survey report for Underwriters, Brokers, or the Client.
- Assumes ownership for allocated accounts including attendance on surveys, follow-up of key recommendations and ensuring that risk engineering information on file is up to date.
- Provides technical input on claims including the review of claims reports and site visits to identify areas for claims mitigation and recommendations for improvement based on current risk engineering practices, policies and lessons learned.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the assigned lines of business(s) including process technology, loss prevention, construction and other related issues that may impact the underwriting decision making process or Liberty's profitability.
- Participates in business development and marketing activities for assigned lines of business(s).
- Providing technical training and guidance to Underwriters and Risk Engineers where needed.
- Compile and present training to brokers and industry stakeholders on relevant topics as required.
- Providing input into the financial and strategic planning process relative to the product line.
- Holds a Bachelor of Science in technical studies such as Chemical, Process, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Has 7-10 years relevant industrial experience, with experience in the commercial line insurance and/or re-insurance industry.
- A background in operations, maintenance, design, process engineering, loss prevention, construction, risk management or project management will be an advantage, as will Chartered Professional registration, or actively working towards this.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and emotional intelligence abilities.
- Has good verbal and written communication skills.
- Is analytical and has strong decision making capabilities.
- Competent financial acumen with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good relationship management and influencing abilities.
- Ability to shape business model and philosophy with ease.
- Has strong attention to detail and focus on outcomes.
- Solid team player with strong business ethics.
We are proud of the culture at Liberty International Underwriters and if you are successful, this is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy working for a global organization, with a group of talented and motivated individuals who make Liberty a great place to work and are committed to the growth of our organization.
Does this role sound like you or someone you know? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
APPLY or REFER someone now, by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your updated resume and we will take it from there.