Senior Underwriter - Casualty Perth
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Casualty
Applications Close: 31.03.2017
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Casualty team as a Senior Underwriter. This unique opportunity is perfect for a technically sound and business development minded underwriter who is looking to step into a senior role and get involved with staff and team management.
The key purpose of this role is to lead a State based Product Line team to contribute to the growth and profitability of the Casualty product line through marketing, underwriting and managing of products and services of complex risks via the insurance broker market.
About the role - you will be responsible for:
- Utilising your relationship development skills build rapport with brokers and clients to execute, sell and negotiate strategies to ensure profitability of the LIU products;
- Managing, motivating, supporting, directing and mentoring a team to best achieve the Perth Branch and Product Line plans;
- Coordinating and implementing the broker and client engagement plans in close collaboration with other product line Underwriters to leverage cross-selling opportunities and deliver a complete service to the broker and client;
- Ensuring solid growth and retention of the Casualty portfolio by strengthening the LIU brand and own profile within the market place;
- Reviewing, rating and underwriting target new business and renewal business in line with LIU’s quality selection and adequate pricing guidelines;
- Providing input into product development and marketing plans including market research, competitor analysis, product design and geographic/segment focus.
About you - you will have:
- Significant previous relevant experience in the General (non-Life) Insurance industry;
- Advanced knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques;
- Proven outstanding relationship management and business development capabilities;
- The ability to demonstrate your management of a specialised portfolio where you have applied your strong business, financial and market acumen;
- A strong understanding of the portfolio, legislation, competition & established relationships within the market place.
- Developing people and team management skills.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s exciting future, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.