Senior Underwriter - Workers Compensation
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Casualty
Applications Close: 31.03.2017
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Casualty team as a Senior Underwriter – Workers Compensation reporting to the Senior Vice President, Casualty - Australia. This independent and speciality role is responsible for the growth and profitability of LIU’s Workers Compensation business plan and for the marketing and underwriting of LIU’s workers compensation insurance products to the Self Insurer and Seafarer sector via the insurance broker market.
About the role – you will be responsible for:
- Utilising your solid market relationships with brokers and clients to execute, sell and negotiate strategies to ensure profitability of the Excess of Loss Workers Compensation (EWC) and Seafarers Workers Compensation (SWC) insurance products.
- Coordinating and implementing the broker and client engagement plans in close collaboration with the LIU Workers Compensation Claims Specialist and other key internal stakeholders to ensure a seamless delivery of underwriting services.
- Ensuring solid growth and retention of the EWC and SWC portfolios by strengthening the LIU brand and own profile within the market place.
- Frequent interstate travel nationally around Australia to service the product and clients will be required.
About you - you will have:
- Significant previous relevant experience in the General (non-Life) and/or Workers Compensation Insurance industry, such experience to include time in underwriting roles and teams.
- Advanced knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques in Excess of Loss Workers Compensation desirable.
- Proven outstanding relationship management and business development capabilities.
- The ability to demonstrate your management of a specialised portfolio where you have applied your strong business, financial and market acumen.
- A strong understanding of the portfolio, legislation, competition & established relationships within the market place.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s exciting future, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
Please send your resume and cover letter to HR.AsiaPac@LibertyIU.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE