Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Property
Applications Close: 10.10.2018
Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company
- Teamwork culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career development opportunities
Your Key Responsibilities
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers and clients to facilitate the marketing, sale and training of the LIU brand and products.
- Reviewing, rating and underwriting target new business and renewal business in line with LIU’s quality selection and adequate pricing guidelines.
- Executing selling and negotiation strategies of the Property product to ensure profitability of this assigned specialty product line.
- Ensuring brokers/clients receive a high level of service that differentiates LIU from its competitors.
- Communicating with other product line Underwriters in order to leverage cross-selling opportunities and deliver a complete service to the broker and client.
- Ensuring premium payments are received and discrepancies investigated in a timely manner by referring to Debtors report from Finance department;
- Providing input into product development and marketing plans including market research, competitor analysis, product design and geographic/segment focus.
- Reviewing and negotiating policy terms and conditions including assisting with the production of manuscript policy wordings and endorsements.
- Representing LIU at industry social events, conferences and other relevant market related presentations.
- Compile and present training to brokers and industry stakeholders on relevant topics as required.
- Strengthening the LIU Brand and own profile within the market development more strategic relationships.
- Working closely with claims department, risk management and all other key internal stakeholders to promote LIU’s “integrated business unit approach” and ensure seamless delivery of underwriting services.
- Providing input into the financial and strategic planning process relative to the product line.
- Providing technical training and guidance to underwriters/assistant underwriters & underwriting assistants.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements on a timely basis.
- Taking responsibility and showing initiative in the development of your technical and soft skills.
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be desirable
- Significant previous relevant experience in the General (non-Life) Insurance industry or in an aligned property role with a broker or insurance company.
- Strong level of marketing and business development experience.
- Strong business, financial and market acumen awareness/understanding
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Sound ability to drive for results and focus on outcomes.
- Strong business, financial and market acumen awareness/understanding.
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
APPLY or REFER someone now, by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your updated resume and we will take it from there