Underwriting & Administration Assistant
Apply Now Location: Perth
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Administration
Applications Close: 08.12.2017
- Permanent Opportunity
- Teamwork culture
- Perth Based
We currently have an opportunity to join our Perth Branch as an Administration & Underwriting Assistant reporting into our Assistant Vice President, Risk Engineering & WA Branch Manager.
About the role – you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring our Underwriters are provided with technical and administrative support in the process of reviewing, rating and underwriting target new business and renewal business;
- Providing underwriting support by ensuring accurate premium booking, ensuring policy and endorsement issuance to brokers is completed accurately and according to timelines, ensuring premium payments are received;
- Assisting the team through a variety of functions including responding to telephone inquiries, managing internal and external correspondence (clients, suppliers, vendors etc.), creating and maintaining underwriting files, creating reports, and taking on ad hoc tasks set by the manager/senior underwriters;
- Handling internal and external correspondence with brokers, clients, suppliers, vendors, LIU staff professionally;
- Prioritising work commitments to ensure daily workflows across the Underwriting Assistant team are managed effectively;
- Managing the preparation of meeting rooms for all internal and external meetings, including room booking and catering set up for meetings and functions;
- Calendar/Diary Management, including booking and coordinating meetings, audio & video conferences;
- Assist with branch marketing functions;
- Booking local/interstate/overseas couriers including preparation of documents and parcels in readiness for daily collection.
About you - you will have:
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in an aligned role in the insurance industry;
- Competent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars;
- Flexible self-starter, with strong attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Positive team player;
- High level of professionalism and client servicing skills;
- HSC (or equivalent) essential – Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline desirable.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE