Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: 12 month contract
Job Area: Professional and Financial Risks
Applications Close: 24.10.2018
Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company
- Teamwork culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
We are looking for an experienced Underwriting Assistant to be part of our Professional and Financial Risks team.
You must be keen to support the underwriting team in providing efficient and accurate handling of the administrative, system and technical aspects of the underwriting process. This role requires timely and accurate data entry, policy and endorsement issuance, booking premium, correspondence, and adherence to attestation and underwriting guidelines in file administration.
This 12-month contract role reports to the Senior Manager, Business Operations.
Your Key Responsibilities: -
- Data Entry into GENIUS underwriting system.
- Ensuring accurate premium booking.
- Managing internal & external correspondence is completed both accurately and in a timely manner to include Underwriting file creation and maintenance.
- Updating and maintaining underwriting registers.
- Periodic archiving of files as per archive procedure.
- General filing and file retrieval. Majority of filing is done electronically.
- Deal with and address requests originating from client/broker immediately and refer to Underwriting as required.
- Ensuring policy/endorsement issuance is completed accurately and according to timelines.
- Assisting in ensuring premium payments are received and discrepancies investigated in a timely manner by referring to Debtors report from Finance department.
- Generating system based management reports if required.
- Following up brokers on outstanding matters such as closings, underlying policy wordings, declaration forms etc.
2. General Support
- Assisting in organising company events where required.
- Maintaining a highly effective and responsive working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Prioritising work commitments ensuring daily workflows are managed effectively.
- Contributing to an effective team environment by interacting professionally with all team members and providing development, support and assistance as required.
- Assist with creation of training programs for less experienced Underwriting Assistants.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements on a timely basis.
Your Key Qualifications and Soft skills: -
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be preferred with HSC (or equivalent) is essential.
- Previous relevant experience in the General Insurance industry would desirable,
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems is required.
- Able to prioritize and has good time management skills.
- Has strong analytical skills and an eye for details.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly proactive, takes initiative and is results driven.
- Strong relationship building abilities and has advance level of customer focus.
- Solid process management skills.
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
APPLY or REFER someone now, by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your updated resume and we will take it from there.